Technology is a large impetus for the lightning-fast evolution of the modern workplace. But perhaps even more impactful is the growing demand among employees for more people-centric ways of working. This is why employee experience, culture, and engagement were among the defining workplace issues in 2018.
But these won’t be the only workplace changes that we’ll see over the course of the next year. This week’s Five for Friday articles offer up five perspectives on the top workplace changes in 2019 that’ll affect the way we work and have a profound impact on the future landscape of the workplace.
- Advances in communication technology, predicts @OnSecondThought, will make collaboration easier and more open.
- @jtodonnell explains why a better work-life balance is going to be the most coveted perk in 2019.
- The increasing hybridization of education and importance of soft skills, augers @agarweldu, could potentially alter the way hiring is conducted in 2019.
- @erinspencer93 spoke with the founders of Well+Good to emphasize the increasing importance of employee wellness in the workplace.
- Sushman Biswas, writing in HRTechnologist, offers up three employee engagement trends for the new year.