Leaders have been discussing the future of work for so long that some of the trends they predicted back then are happening as we speak! Here are several “future” workplace trends that are mainstreaming right now.
- 24/7 connectivity has eliminated many work/life boundaries. Here are @erinmariereid1’s views on managing the high intensity workplace in @HarvardBiz.
- Innovation requires vision, silo-busting, and risk taking says @VentureBeat.
- As a result of all that silo-busting, work is now matrixed. Cross functional teams represent the future of work, but only 21% of execs have the skills to manage these teams, according to a @Steelcase survey reported in @TheEconomist.
- Workplace analytics are changing how we hire, manage, learn, and succeed. This article in @StanfordBiz explains the impact and possibilities.
- @switchandshift has summarized many of the future trends in the workplace in a charming infographic.
Five for Friday is a weekly snapshot of ideas, research, and leading thinking around the web on the topics of corporate culture, internal communication, employee engagement, teamwork, and building better workplaces. Share, connect, and enjoy!