“Culture eats strategy for breakfast,” is a famous quotation attributed to business management guru Peter Drucker. This idea has become the topic of much debate as the business world seeks to understand which is more important: culture (aka people) or strategy? In today's Five for Friday we take a look at five perspectives on this contentious question.
- @rotmanschool bets on people before strategy with six ways HR can help business leaders overcome current business challenges.
- Culture does not trump strategy, rather they work together to enhance the success of one another, suggests @ in @forbes.
- Ram Charan, Dominic Barton, and Dennis Carey look at a new role for the CHRO where people come before strategy in this piece with @HarvardBiz.
- Is culture versus strategy a false choice? Yes, says @ in @FastCompany.
- @talentsmarteq suggests the answer to people versus results requires a balanced approach in his article for @HuffPostBiz.