Noise in the office has increasingly become an issue in the modern work environment. While open plan workplaces, mobile devices, and new ways of working can improve communication and collaboration, they can also lead to distracting noise that pulls us away from the task at hand. Today our Five for Friday looks at how a noisy office affects productivity and ways in which you can muffle it.
- @ looks at the science behind distractions at work and gives methodical steps to resisting it.
- If you're in a time crunch, @ offers six ways to avoid distraction.
- @ addresses negative effects of distraction on things such as mood, and suggests ways to overcome them.
- @ provides three practical tips to reduce noise and improve productivity.
- The reality of noise in an open office is addressed by @.