Motivation could be one of the most heavily studied and discussed fields of organizational psychology and behaviour. Amazon has over 160,000 books related to the topic, and Google yields a staggering 31 million hits on the search phrase "motivation in the workplace". And yet for many, motivation remains a mythical creature. In this week's Five for Friday, we share a handful of ideas that might bring you one step closer to understanding how to motivate your employees.
- @Mind_Tools suggests you need to adopt a two-stage process to motivate people, based on Herzberg's influential Motivation-Hygiene Theory.
- Compliments and pizza will motivate your employees, discovers @melissadahl as she looks at a study in the latest book by @danariely.
- Four science-backed ways to motivate people from for @TIMEIdeas.
- @jaysondemers shares six motivation secrets to inspire your employees in this article for @Inc.
- According to , there are nine things that ultimately motivate employees to achieve, in his article for @forbes.
Want to read more on topics like this?