When I was growing up, my dad would say: You have two ears and one mouth. He was suggesting that I try to listen twice as much as I talk. It was great advice, but the amount you listen is just one quality of a good listener. These five resources deep dive into the other details.
- A fantastic TEDx Talk on listening and communicating from @CelesteHeadlee.
- 10 steps to effective listening from @Forbes.
- Here's why a good boss listens first, from @jmbrandonbb.
- Your body language can make it appear like you're not listening, say @Mind_Tools.
- Ever get the feeling people don't listen to you? @DeepakChopra explains why that may be.