In a recent webinar, we talked about how 1-on-1 meetings can make or break workplace culture. This is because 1-on-1’s are the most effective way for managers to connect with their employees. If these individual communication pathways are ineffective, relationships and trust are compromised, people become disengaged, and soon your culture is broken too.
Sounds awful, doesn’t it? But wait, there’s hope! You can learn to love 1-on-1 meetings (from both sides of the table), and see the powerful benefits that result. For today’s Five for Friday, I handpicked five resources that’ll help you get the most out of your 1-on-1 time as both a manager, and an employee. Enjoy!
- Here’s a primer from @impraise on how good managers conduct 1-on-1s that lead to engaged employees.
- A bit skeptical about the link between 1-on-1s and workplace culture? Here’s a real story from the CEO at @Groove about the impact of 1-on-1s when scaling his start up.
- Nobody likes to waste time in 1-on-1 meetings. Writing for @SmartBrief, @JenniferVMiller shares how to harness the power of progress to make the most of your time together.
- Feeling unsure about how to prepare for your 1-on-1 with your team leader? Look no further than this list of tips by @37svn.
- Do you want high employee morale and want your employees to love their 1-on-1s? Don’t ask this question says @clairejlew of @KnowYourTeamHQ.
Want to get the most out of your 1-on1s?