There’s been a rumor floating around that chat apps like Slack can solve your internal communication problems. Seems like there’s some evidence to the contrary. We shared our opinion here and here, but now some of the most influential people in the areas of work, collaboration, and communication are joining in:
- @SamuelHulick breaks up with Slack because it’s suffocating him with information.
- Here @lfbenjamin shows that Slack’s success is culture dependent. Some will win with Slack, but not all.
- @jasonfried claims that "Group chat is like being in an all-day meeting with random participants and no agenda."
- @stoweboyd bemoans the hype around work chat.
- @leebryant sees work chat as more than a potential distraction.
Five for Friday is a weekly snapshot of ideas, research, and leading thinking around the web on the topics of corporate culture, internal communication, employee engagement, teamwork, and building better workplaces. Share, connect, and enjoy!