Joining a company at a management or leadership level comes with a host of unique challenges. Not only do you have to learn the ins and outs of the organization, you also need to lead a group of people who are completely unfamiliar with you and your work style. How do you accrue respect, put your team at ease, and produce good work? Here are a few articles to help you along the way.
- @BruceTulgan gives four simple and actionable recommendations.
- @CarolynOHara1 tells us what to do at the outset to ensure your team is aligned.
- Here's a very thorough exploration of new leadership from @.
- According to @, it all comes down to trust. Here are five ways for a manager to earn it (BONUS: view our recent blog article on the same topic).
- Want a day-by-day plan for the first week? Hit the ground running with advice from @.