People tend to feel strongly about their company’s corporate culture. In fact, corporate culture is highly correlated with employee engagement. Both leaders and employees are deeply influenced by their organization's culture. This week, we shed light on some compelling pleas written by and addressed to leaders on creating and maintaining positive corporate culture.
- The story of how @jeffiel, CEO of the booming startup @twilio, grew from 10 to 500 employees by focusing on rituals, heroes, and symbols.
- In 2014, @bchesky, CEO of AirBnB, made some waves by sharing Peter Thiel’s candid advice to him in “Don’t Fuck Up the Culture.”
- Even better is @berkun’s very thoughtful critique of the aforementioned article.
- @brettc, whose company was acquired by Google, shared 4 lessons on work culture he learned while working there.
- Corporate culture can often fall apart while employees focus on and prioritize other tasks. @katieburkie is VP of Culture & Experience at HubSpot and has some highly resonant ideas on how to get it back on track.
Five for Friday is a weekly snapshot of ideas, research, and leading thinking around the web on the topics of corporate culture, internal communication, employee engagement, teamwork, and building better workplaces. Share, connect, and enjoy!