Good managers are hard to come by. Exceptional managers are like gold dust. And it's no wonder why, when you consider all of the "hats" they have to wear; inspiring leader, approachable mentor, respectable colleague, organized planner, disciplinary boss. The list goes on. So, how do you identify a great potential manager? Who, and who not, to promote? This week's Five for Friday will help you answer those questions and more.
- Here are seven tips for hiring a great management team from @StartupGrind.
- Promoting your star performers to managers? @Gallup explains why this isn't the best idea.
- @Inc shows us how make life easier: hire a hiring manager!
- But, @Forbes warn of 11 tricks that a hiring manager may use in your interview.
- Do you even need to hire a manager? @Workopolis provides us with three telltale signs.