Most companies regard their internal websites (or intranets) as mission critical, but they seldom work. Employees typically don’t use them because they’re cluttered with outdated content, are hard to navigate, and don’t engage users. We’re out to change this. Jostle’s People Engagement® platform makes it easy for companies to create internal websites that employees actually want to use.
Organizations around the world using the Jostle® intranet are seeing the benefits of enthused employee participation, which has helped them revitalize their corporate cultures and better align teams. In a globally competitive world, it’s more important than ever that internal websites work. Employees need a clear understanding of what’s happening around them, together with the ability to see where they fit in the organization and who’s available to support them.
The key to Jostle’s powerful approach is focusing on people rather than the traditional practice of starting with a content repository. “The Jostle intranet is designed to enable employees in a simple and elegant way – to bring the connections, content, and context they need into clear view,” said Brad Palmer, Jostle’s CEO. “People collaborate, not content. We provide quick access to the information employees need to get work done.”
Rather than taking the trendy social network approach of competitors like Jive and Yammer, the Jostle platform is focused on simple, people-centric views like:
- NEWS: Keep abreast of the latest happenings in the organization. It also provides a simple way for everyone to recognize the contributions of others.
- EVENTS: Create and promote events that are organization-wide, or tied to specific teams or locations.
- PEOPLE: A fun, just-people view that brings up all the faces in the organization according to location, function or expertise.
- DISCUSSIONS: Enterprise-grade chat that enables private conversations, confidential team discussions, and open “town hall” type forums.
- LIBRARY: Delivers files and videos in easy-to-curate volumes that are simple to navigate.
Combined, these five views deliver the information employees need in a simple, work-relevant way. This leads to high levels of employee engagement: most of our customers have over 85% employee participation. We think that's worth talking about!